The Make Do Co. mission
Make Do Co. helps build business that matters. And because life is short, this is not only about working better, but living better too.
The best way to keep in touch with the latest news, is to sign up to my mailing list.
Any questions? Get in touch to discuss your best options. Email Johanna Scott: email@example.com.
We are Make Do
I’m Johanna Scott. I founded Make Do Co. in 2015 in response to some of the gaps I was seeing in how we live, work and do business.
The goal of creating this purpose-led community was to bring together a group of people who wanted to make something they were passionate about and, in that process, do work that was meaningful and mattered to them.
But not only this – I wanted Make Do to be about more than work. Because how we fill our days is, of course, how we fill our lives. As a result, all my programs measure success holistically – by your goals, your mental wellbeing, your health and your genuine happiness.
I offer programs that will help you gain – what I call – “holistic leadership skills,” including meditation and yoga workshops to help foster calm, build resilience and manage stress; a communication workshop to help you argue better and make every interaction more productive; and a small business program to help you build the business you imagine.
I also offer one-on-one business and careers coaching to help you progress and achieve your goals.
In 2019, we moved our little family to Orange, where I now base the business. Courses are offered locally, and increasingly elsewhere. Sign up to my mailing list to stay in touch with the event updates.
The Make Do Co. story
Make Do Co. celebrates businesses of purpose, wholehearted leaders and happiness.
It was founded as part of a personal interest to find out what makes for fulfilling work and its part in living a full life.
The skinny on this journey?
- Braver people bring unique character and heart to business.
- Better connection means greater empathy and purpose.
- Working to values breeds meaningful innovation.
To learn more, read this blog post: Why I started Make Do Co.
Read press coverage and testimonials.
My teaching credentials
I created Make Do Co. to equip people with the skills, confidence and community to do meaningful work.
What makes me qualified to do this?
Below I’ve included some credentials below to give you an idea of my experience, passions and background.
- An eternal student! I am fascinated by what makes us fulfilled and in-flow; what makes us most productive; and what stands in the way. Everyday I am considering these questions; taking more courses myself, reading, learning and practicing all of the skills I share in my programs. This content is never far from my mind.
- A passionate small business marketer. I have worked in the content and digital marketing sphere since 2007 on a huge range of boutique businesses and big name brands. I love nothing more than helping people communicate their brand in an honest, authentic, and powerful way.
- A skilled communicator. Communication is at the core of what I teach; making difficult concepts easily accessible, as well as helping people improve their own abilities – in both personal and professional situations. I have a Masters and a Bachelors degree in communication, as well as a Certificate IV in Graphic / Visual Design.
- A certified Yoga and Meditation teacher, with sold out courses and retreats. I have over 400 hours of certified yoga teacher training from Sukha Mukha Yoga, Donna Farhi, and Laughing Lotus SF, with dozens of other yoga courses (uncertified).
I have also studied the Non-violent Communication Technique and have begun the process to become NVC certified.
- A voracious reader and studier of sustainable food and living systems. I completed my Permaculture Design Certificate with Milkwood Permaculture in 2015.
- A slow-living advocate. You teach what you need to learn! I am a reformed fast- liver, preferring a gentler, more mindful way of living now. When I get this right (and I continue to practice), life is vast, exciting, heart-felt and full of grace.
- A content creator. Make Do Co. has provided me with the platform to shape abstract ideas into concrete tips (like this guide!) and sources of inspiration (such as my People of Purpose podcast series). Making content allows me to continue the learning journey.
- A non-guru: My most influential teachers have never pretended to be anything other than mere mortals, and I hope always to emulate this style. When I teach, I make it accessible, real, and with a healthy dose of humour; and I always put the onus back on you to take away whatever makes most sense for you and your life.
I hope you will join me in the classroom one day soon! Back to programs.